Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who was best dressed at The Oscars?

Excuse me for not posting yesterday, but I was off ill. Thankfully a helping of Murder She Wrote has helped me back to work (lil ole Jessica Fletcher is actually quite a style icon...). So the annual red carpet-fest of the Oscars is over.

Yesterday This Morning
tried to recreate some of the dresses but it just looked like they'd put bits of fabric over evening dress... which is exactly what they did. Anyway, here's my selection of the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

THE GOOD

1. Marion Cotillard - she's my current fashion crush and for good reason. She's individual without being ugly (take note Tilda Swinton). In this beautiful dress she looks like a mermaid who's come ashore for the day - beautiful.















2. Helen Mirren - I just pray that I look half as good as Dame Mirren when I'm her age. She dresses age appropriately but without being a frump, plus she's not scared of wearing bright colours.














3. Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis - they have to win the cutest couple award. Quirky without being too OTT, these two just look gorgeously retro. Sigh!
















THE BAD

1. Tilda Swinton - When she's not shocking middle England with her interesting love life, she's shocking everyone with her clothing! Nearly every magazine has criticised poor Tilda for her choice here. While I wouldn't have minded seeing her wear a little bit of slap, her dress isn't that bad. Yes, it's a bit shapeless, but Tilda would look downright odd if she wore anything too normal.














2. Renée Zellweger - the dress wasn't bad but what is that hairstyle all about?!


















THE UGLY

1. Julie Christie - I really want to like what Julie wears. She's still so attractive and has a great figure, but for some reason she thought she would go out wearing a red lampshade. Teaming it with those pink elbow length gloves makes me wander if she got dressed in the dark.

No comments: