Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Making up is hard to do

Today I’m taking my pet peeves outside of the office to vent about the thing I hate more than ANYTHING (apart from war, racism and homophobia) - people applying their make-up in public.

This morning, I was sat on the train to work contemplating how much I hate the commute when things got worse. Not only did the vacant seat next to become occupied, but it became occupied by a ‘woman who does her make-up in public!’ They’re the worse kind of commuter. They have no spatial awareness – I don’t want flecks of your nasty cheap orange bronzer on my expensive cream Marc Jacobs bag purlease – or regard for privacy.

I believe putting make-up on is a private thing. It’s almost like wearing a mask and that transformation should happen in private. Perhaps I hate the people who do this so much because I’d never have the balls, but really it's because these people are just so inconsiderate. Today I got elbowed in the head when this irritating person tired to apply their kohl eyeliner, sprayed with some cheap and nasty hairspray and perfume and covered in someone else’s hairs – euck. Leave your make-up at home ladies. Stop being so lazy and get up 10 minutes earlier.

So I’m starting a campaign and I urge everyone to join in. When someone sits next to you and starts applying their eyeliner, nudge their elbow! When someone sprays their perfume, choke and cough VERY loudly.

No comments: